Sail East 2021 at the Bay Wind Regatta
SMSC held Sail Canada's Sail East 2021 at the Bay Wind Regatta from July 23 to July 25 (racing on July 24 and 25). On Friday, July 23 (and included in your registration), we hosted the Sail East Training Clinic starting at 9:30am.
Presenting Sponsor: East River Shipyard
Use the list below to access detailed information about the regatta (or scroll down):
Major Merchanise Sponsor: Atlantic Subway
Government Support: Province of Nova Scotia, Communities, Culture, and Heritage
Regatta Chair: Alex MacPhee
Registration: David and Michelle Lane
The following classes are included:
* must have 5 paid entries by July 19
- Sailing Instructions (pdf) - Posted July 20, 2021
- Sailing Instructions (Green Fleets) (pdf) - Posted July 21, 2021
- Notice of Race (pdf) - Updated July 2, 2021
- Participant Waiver (pdf)
- COVID-19 Safety Plan - Updated July 13, 2021
- Request for Hearing (Protest) Form (pdf)
- FORMULAIRE DE RÉCLAMATION (pdf)
- Scoring Inquiry or Change Form (pdf)
The Early Registration Deadline (before fees go up) is July 11. The deadline for all registrations to be complete, including the receipt of the required documents, is 5pm on Friday, July 23. Due to COVID restrictions, you CANNOT register in person - no exceptions!
Due to COVID competition limits, the regatta is full. If you wish to be put on a wait list, email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the desired class.
Competitors and Coaches MUST register on-line. The links to register are:
- SAILOR REGISTRATION DISABLED - WE ARE FULL - Sailors (note: registration is per boat, not per sailor. For double-crewed boats, both Skipper and Crew information is required at time of registration)
- COACH REGISTRATION DISABLED - WE ARE FULL
As part of registration, you are required to provide:
- proof of age (photo or scan of your government issued ID, health card, or passport)
- a signed waiver (see form below) for each competitor (skipper, crew, and coaches). For those under 18, it must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Your registration is not complete until these documents have been provided - see email link below.
Registration Queries Document Submission: Contact Dave Lane, Registrar
- Participant Waiver (pdf)
Before July 7 - full refund, less $10 admin fee; July 8 to July 16, 50% refund; July 17 on, no refund unless documented medical evidence is provided (less $25 admin fee). If the event is cancelled, you will be provided with a full refund.
Official Notice Board
This is the Official Notice Board for the regatta. Each notice will be provided below with the most recent at the top.
There are many boats (C420 and Optimist fleets) that sailed on Saturday with sail numbers not consistent with those provided at registration. These boats are in the results without names. Please identify yourself by contacting the scoring office (email to email@example.com) before going on the water Sunday.
- Sunday: The deadline for protest filings for Alpha Course is 16:13, July 25
- Sunday: The deadline for protest filings for Bravo Course is 16:09, July 25
- Saturday: The deadline for protest filings for Bravo Course is 17:57, July 24
- Saturday: The deadline for protest filings for Alpha Course is 16:55, July 24
|Hearing #||Appelant||Respondant||Scheduled Time||Decision|
|1||Radial 196128||Radial 200190||17:20, Saturday||Invalid Protest|
|2||C420 Zach Logan||C420 1739||17:50, Saturday||1739 DSQ 4027 RDG|
|3||Radial 195669||Radial 3||16:20 Sunday||3 DSQ|
Race Committee Amendments:
Green Fleet (Charlie Course)
- Club 420 (Green) will have a pink mooring ball marking their windward mark (change from Orange tetrahedron). Signed by Colleen Davis, RO - 24 July 2021
Race results below are final:
- Alpha Course
- Bravo Course - 29er, I420, Club 420
- Bravo Course - Optimist
- Green Fleets - these recreational races are not scored - raw finish sheets are below:
The Sail Canada Sail East special awards were:
- Top Under 17 Laser Radial: Daniel Conners, RNSYS
- Top Under 17 Club 420: Ross Bower and Katie Dickson, CYC
- Top Under 15 Optimist: Alex Graham, CYC
Hearing request forms are available above (Documents section) OR at the Jury Desk located at the main Clubhouse building.
Scoring inquiries, sail changes, and name or other corrections can be directed to: Contact Dave Lane, Lead Scorer. Be sure to include the skipper name, sail number, club, and fleet.
We use Sailwave Scoring Software!
How to Get Here
We are located at: 5 Foxberry Hill, Glen Haven, NS, B3Z 2W2
- Drive down the Peggy's Cove Road until you get to Glen Haven. Look for the Croucher's Point Road on the right. The club is near the end of the road on the left.
- From Halifax (Bayers Road) follow these driving directions from Google.
When you arrive, park along Croucher's Point Road and please respect the no parking signs. Do not park on Foxberry Hill as this is a private road. Do not block driveways!